"Let India (her) arise -- out of the peasants' cottage, grasping the plough; out of the huts of the fisherman, the cobbler, and the sweeper. Let her spring from the grocer's shop, from beside the oven of the fritter - seller. Let her emanate from the factory, from marts, and from markets. Let her emerge from groves and forests, from hills and mountains. These common people have suffered oppression for thousands of years -- suffered it without murmur, and as a result have got wonderful fortitude."
-Swami Vivekananda (Memories of European Travel)
With this idea Vivekananda Kendra running Aanandalaya in remote area of Tamilnadu, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Maharastra, Nagaland and Orissa.
Main objectives are ...
- To create education supportive atmosphere in interior villages
- To import education through play way method and increase interest for studies among village primary school students.
- To reduce the rate of drop outs and thus improve the status of education
- To give Man Making value-based education and thus improve the quality of education
- To increase patriotic feeling among villagers
- To create health awareness among children and through them among villagers
- To work for the all round development of the village.